Monday, April 23, 2007

Online Learning

I have mixed feelings about online learning in our school system. Yes, it is great where time is concerned but I worry about the social aspect of it. I know as college students we experience good teachers and not so good teachers. I realize that the teachers November is talking about are highly trained and experienced. I also know that there are many differant styles of learning and some students need that face to face interaction to be successful. I see positives and negitives with online learning.
As far as Second Life, I know it appears to take a lot of time to set up. I don't know many teachers that would dedicate their time to such a large project. Yes, I think it is amazing what all can be done with it and students would probably love it, but I'm just not sure how much teacher involvement you would get.

No comments: